As part of its mission to transform the health of the people of Latin America and the world, SIGMA collaborates with a host of partner institutions, including:
- The Broad Institute (US)
- Massachusetts General Hospital (US)
- University of Southern California (US)
- Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán (Mexico)
- Instituto Nacional de Medicina Genómica (Mexico)
- Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública (Mexico)
and additional academic institutions in the US, Mexico, and other countries, including Spain and Norway.